My friend Melissa does a weekly post on Monday where she goes over her goals for the week and reviews her progress for the past week's goals. Since Monday is my writing day anyway (I have my weekly writing chat with my awesome writing group on Mondays and then I head over to my CP's house and do a little critiquing), I figured I would shamelessly steal this idea from her and do a weekly check-in post on Mondays. (I hope that's okay, Melissa!)
Honestly, I really need some more accountability. I've had some issues staying on task with my writing lately, and I don't have anyone to answer to when I don't get anything done. I set a goal to have my WIP finished awhile back, and that date has now come and gone. I need to get myself in gear, friends! And I need you to help me!
Goals for the week of 1/31
* Send in my application for the SCBWI OC/IE Spring Retreat
* Finish re-writing the scene in Ch 11 that has been giving me a hard time
* Work Julie's comments into Ch 2
* Get some eyeballs on the revised Ch 1-11
* Read at least one book
* Pay parking ticket that has my community college transcript on hold so I can finish MFA program application
I think those are good goals to start off with. We'll see how my week goes. Aside from my grades being due tomorrow, I don't have too much on the calendar. I should be able to get this stuff done.
Do you have any big goals for yourself this week? And how do you hold yourself accountable? I need ideas.