1. Thanks for all the support on my job situation. Sadly, this happens to me every year. Some of you were around last year when they actually came to me and told me that they gave my job to someone from another school and then three days later they came back and gave it back to me. The year before that they only signed me to a contract for half of the year when everyone else was signed to a full year contract. It really sucks, but I'm at least glad to have had a job this whole time.
More and more I'm wondering if teaching is the right path for me. There is so much I love about it, but there are also many things that are a constant struggle. And I do laugh when I think about how I got into this job partly for the job security.
The husband keeps telling me to just sell my book so I can quit my job, and I pretty much laugh in his face.
2. I'm still sort of sick. This is Day 27 in a row for those of you who are counting. It looks like I'll be making it all the way through May being sick for the entire month. You suck, May. Kindly get the heck out of here, and take all of my myriad sicknesses with you. Oh, and tell my immune system that I will welcome him back any time he's ready.
3. Obviously I didn't go to BEA this past week. I really wanted to try to get there, but my bff's bachelorette party is next weekend in Austin, so I had to choose one or the other. I was sad to miss it, but I did have a spy on the floor gathering up some ARCs to share with me. So luckily I will still get some of the benefits of BEA, even if I don't get to go to Teen Author Carnival. I seriously can't wait for some of these ARCs to show up on my doorstep. Luckily I have some awesome releases from GalleyGrab to keep me busy until then...I'll just need to pry the iPad away from my husband, which is a pretty impossible task.
(I like how I've barely been able to force myself to read a book lately and I'm acting like I'm going to be reading all of these like RIGHT NOW. HA!)
4. I finished up my latest revision to my WIP. It's amazing how having a deadline can get you to finish things! (And by you I mean me.) I had been dawdling with this revision and taking forever and then BAM motivation comes and I'm able to bust it out. People are reading it right now, and I'm hoping to get it back, make lots of changes, and then *gulp* be ready to query soon. We'll see. I may decide to revise it twenty gazillion more times over the course of seven years before I actually do that. Because that's how I roll.
5. I am totally obsessed with the Glee version of Rolling In The Deep by Adele. I'm not really an Adele fan. Not because I don't like her music, just because I don't know it. I don't own any of her albums, but mostly because I've been on a budget lately and haven't purchased any new music, even though I've been wanting to check her out.
Anyway, I've been totally in love with Lea Michele and Jonathan Groff singing together since I first heard the Spring Awakening soundtrack, which is now in constant rotation on my iTunes. So I DIED when they started singing a duet on the Prom episode, and then I adored the lyrics and the way they sang it and OH MY CATS their chemistry. (Can I just go on a quick Glee rant for a minute? Am I the only person who thinks Rachel and Finn have zero chemistry? I actively root against them pairing up because they put me to sleep when they are on screen together. More Jesse St. James, please!)
I've been listening to this song on repeat for awhile now, and I really can't get enough of it. You may think the original Adele version is better, and that's cool. I just really love Lea and JGroff, I love the rock vibe of the Glee version, and I really love it as a duet.
Happy Friday, everyone! Have a fantastic weekend!