1. It's my first day of summer! And I'm spending it...in my classroom! And...working at the restaurant! Bah. Summer is exactly like the school year so far. That's no fun. But really, I'm so excited to have the next two months off from work, I can't even tell you.
2. Tomorrow I'm going to try my best to make it to LA Kidlit Drinks. Is anyone else going? I have to work at the restaurant, but I'm hoping I'll get out in enough time to drive out to LA and get myself a margarita. If you see me there, say hi. I'll be the one who smells like food and might possibly still be dressed in my restaurant uniform.
3. I have to give some love to Julia Darcey! She had a giveaway on her blog recently, and I was the lucky winner! So the other day I came home to find a box on my doorstep that contained Shine by Lauren Myracle, Beauty Queens by Libba Bray, and three different types of homemade cookies! She even made cookies that were shaped and frosted like little books! Of course I gobbled them up before I thought of taking a picture to share, but trust me, they were adorable. Thanks, Julia! You rock!
4. So, I've taken a few weeks off from my WIP to finish my grading and wrap up the school year while it is with readers. Well, I am so excited to dive back into it and get it all squared away, I can't even tell you. I've missed you, story! I've been thinking about you a ton, and I can't wait to have you back in my life in a real way.
5. Have you ever thought and thought and thought and thought and thought about it and just NOT been able to think of a fifth thing? No? Just me? Is my brain just dead after a challenging year of teaching? Do I have summer brain already? Is my mind already on my WIP? I don't know...all I know is that I am at a freaking LOSS right now. So I think I will just say HAPPY FRIDAY and send you all on your merry way.