1. Hi from SCBWI LA! I'm waiting for my first breakout session to begin (Writing About Other Cultures), so I thought I would pop in and say hello. I've already seen so many friends and heard two wonderful keynote speeches. I'm so happy to be here and so ready to be inspired!
2. My heart was broken when I heard that John Green wasn't going to be here because of his surgery. OMG the heartbreak. I can't even put it into words.
But Judy Blume is here in his place, and that's nothing to sneeze at. I mean, really. Just As Long As We're Together was pretty much THE book of my childhood.
With all of the other authors I've seen so far, well, my fangirl is in full effect right now.
3. I signed up for Pottermore yesterday!
As if there was any doubt ;-)
Although I had a hell of a time finding the damn quill. Once you solved the clue (which was easy) you were redirected to a page where you were supposed to find the quill. I was searching and searching and clicking and clicking and totally flummoxed. Until my friend Anna told me it was in the banner ad at the top of the page. You know, the thing with animated quills flying around. DUH.
I think I'm so used to just ignoring flashing banner ads that I didn't even register it at all.
Anyway, I think this might have been a Ravenclaw cleverness test for me, and I failed pretty horribly. Womp womp.
4. If you missed my post from the other day about Ringgold Reads, please go check it out. It's a wonderful effort put together by wonderful people. School libraries in Ringgold, GA lost EVERYTHING. Even one book can make a huge difference.
5. Ok, my session is starting up, so I need to go. Have a fantastic weekend, everyone! I may be picking up some awesome books for you all, so stay tuned!