1. I am exhausted. This was my first full week back at work and it just about killed me. It's not like I spent my summer just lazing around...I worked at my other job 3-4x a week and that's a pretty active job. But this year I am teaching zero period, so there is just something about having a classroom of students at 7:30am that is just wiping me out. Plus every other day I teach straight from 7:30 - 2:30 with only a 30 min break for lunch. The other day I get ample breaks, but I'm so wiped from the long day that I haven't been able to recover fully.
This is what my week has looked like so far:
Monday: Long, exhausting day, email CP Julie and cancel meeting, fall asleep on couch for 2 hours, moan on couch until bedtime
Tuesday: Easier day, but still exhausted. Get home early, take 1 hr nap on couch, work Job 2 until 10pm
Wednesday: Long, exhausting day, after school meeting, hair appt, errands, finally get home at 7:30pm, fall asleep by 9pm
Thursday: Easier day, but still exhausted, even after all of the sleep. Errands, nap, dinner w/ friends where I try not to pass out on my plate
I'm really hoping I will adjust to this schedule and being back in the classroom soon. I am completely useless right now. I have seriously never been this worn out at the beginning of the year. What's wrong with me?
2. Oh, let's add to that the fact that I am sick...AGAIN. I swear, my immune system is on sabbatical. I never used to get all that sick, but in the past year I have had THREE sickness that have lasted an entire month. So that means I have spent 1/4 of the past year sick. Nice.
I need to get to the doctor, but, well, see #1 above. I know I need to make my health my priority but it's so difficult when I don't even have the time to call my mom or vacuum my house.
3. Needless to say, I have done JACK on my WIP. I'm sad because I was so pumped about outlining my changes and getting everything all fixed and making it awesome, and then SCHOOL HAPPENED and all of the energy and drive got sucked right out of me. I'm so sad about this. I just wanted to get this outlined and jump into fixing it and I don't even have the energy or brain power to open the computer much less think and be productive. I'm really hoping that I'll get some good rest this weekend and be able to bust through this.
4. Oh, speaking of work, I had a total high school moment at our staff meeting on Wednesday. I got to our meeting early and saw a friend of mine from the English department at a table, but as I was walking over to sit with her, this woman who talks a lot and is generally a bit coo-coo sat down next to her. I was way too tired to deal with her, so I just went to an empty table and waited for my work bff to show up. Well, the staff filed in, the tables filled up, and NO ONE CAME TO SIT AT MY TABLE. Not a single person. No one even approached my table to sit with me. People were pulling chairs up to full tables and squeezing in, and no one even considered sitting with me.
I couldn't believe it. When work bff finally showed up she looked at my empty table in a sea of full tables and just laughed. Yeah, the two of us may be a little cliquey, but we are NICE and FRIENDLY. Finally the band director sat with us. Better than no one, I guess.
I need to make more friends at work, apparently.
5. I think it goes without saying that I am pumped for this three day weekend. I don't have any plans besides recovering on the couch (and hopefully dragging my sick butt to the Dr), but it's going to be a GLORIOUS time of sitting. I plan on enjoying every second. And hopefully cracking open that outline.
Have a fantastic weekend everyone! <3