1. There are some amazing things going on out there in the blogosphere.
If you haven't had a chance, go check out the auction going on over at Read For Relief. These amazing women have teamed up to help the Red Cross with Hurricane Irene relief, and there are still so many great reading and writing-related prizes up for grabs!
Also, go check out YA Confiedential, a new blog that's all about the teen perspective. Real teen spies are giving us the low-down on what it's like to really be a teen today. They had a real teen interview yesterday and it was pretty awesome!
2. My birthday is coming up a week from Monday. You know what that means...birthday deadline! I'm really plugging along with my revisions. I swear, I have never been this productive. Not even over the summer when I wasn't teaching! I don't know if it's because I changed my deadline (bad) into a gift to myself (good), or if it's this freaking 90s playlist that makes me so dang happy every time I turn it on. I don't know why, but I've been ENJOYING my revising, I've been PRODUCTIVE, and I actually think I may do it.
I have to say that my friends have been super encouraging, too. Thanks for the motivation, everyone!
3. Speaking of my birthday, I usually LOVE my birthday and make a huge celebration about it. Even as I get older I still enjoy having a big party. But this year I just couldn't get pumped up about planning something. The husband was bugging me and bugging me about it, but I couldn't shake my old friend...party anxiety. Do any of you get this? That fear that you will throw a party and NO ONE WILL COME? I get this hardcore every time I plan something. And, believe me, it's not unfounded. I have had a few parties where people bailed and flaked at the last minute and I was left almost alone. It terrifies me every time, so I was really putting off putting anything together. Finally I figured something out (even if it is at the same time as football...stupid September birthday) and sent out an invite to people I thought might be interested. We'll see if anyone shows up.
4. I am still waiting for my Pottermore owl, and I'm rather miffed that it hasn't shown up yet. Are you lost, owl? Do you need directions to my house? Does it take to long to get to California? Did they send Errol?
I think more than my party anxiety, I am having anxiety about which house I will be sorted into. I just want to do it already so I will KNOW and can stop worrying about if I'm going to be Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff. IT'S KEEPING ME UP AT NIGHT.
5. I've been staring at this box here for almost an hour now and I can't get my brain to function enough to come up with a fifth thing. I just can't. This has been a long week for me, and I spent the majority of yesterday thinking it was Friday. I would think it was Friday, remember it was Thursday, get sad about it, then forget and think it was Friday again. This happened several times. Yesterday was a very disappointing day. Now today I am exhausted and confused...but at least I get out early today! Whee. Yay for early Fridays.
Happy weekend, everyone!