1. I somehow got put on the mailing list for MTV.com's email newsletters. I get so annoyed when I see insipid things like Does Lady Gaga Want Kids? and Breaking News in the Bieber Paternity Case! show up in my inbox. But I check that email at work, and MTV.com is blocked there. So every time I try to unsubscribe I just get sent to a blocked page. Then the next day I see another stupid headline in my inbox and I get all stabby again.
I don't give a crap about celebrities on a good day, but at 7:15 before I've finished my keg of coffee, the last thing I want to think about is what show I can catch The Situation on now.
2. In case there was any doubt about me being Teacher of the Year, I spent a good 10 minutes of class telling my 1st period class how sexy Warner (the villain) from Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi is. Yes, I actually used the word sexy multiple times. I could have easily let the conversation go on for another 10 minutes, but I imagined my principal walking in, so I made myself shift gears back to To Kill A Mockingbird. I may have had a segue that was something like, "Speaking of sexy, let's go back to Atticus Finch."
I'm fairly certain that my students think I'm insane.
3. I didn't go to Breaking Dawn at midnight, and I really have no plans to see the movie. I'm waiting for all the recaps today to see if it is worth my mocking, but I really think I may just skip it altogether. I still have bruises from how far that book let me down, and I don't know if those wounds will ever really heal. I'm damaged, I tell you. DAMAGED.
Did you see it? How was it?
I just keep thinking about all of the people who have been into the movies and hadn't read the books. BOY HOWDY are those people in for a surprise with this one. Poor suckers.
4. After today I have a full, glorious week off for Thanksgiving. I'm hoping to use it to catch up on NaNoWriMo, but, let's be real here. I'll be sleeping in, cuddling with the pooch, and generally being a layabout. But that's exactly how I like to spend my time off, so it will really be perfect.
5. What's that you asked for? Another reminder to vote for my friend Claire and another photo of the two of us? Well, here you go!
Look how cute we are!
If you've missed it, my fabulous friend Claire is one of five finalists in American Way magazines Road Warrior contest. (American Way is the in-flight magazine for American Airlines, FYI.) Claire is the ONLY female and is clearly the most awesome choice...so she needs your votes! If you have a minute, could you please click this link and vote for her? You do have to fill out some info, but you will be entered to win 100,000 American miles, which is a pretty killer prize.
That's it for this week, peeps. Have a glorious weekend. <3