2. There is nothing in the world quite like the sheer joy your dog has when he sees you again after a long absence. Gunner was so happy to see me walk through the door that he almost jumped out of his skin. It warmed my cold, dead heart so much that I swear it grew three whole sizes.
3. I have been in a bit of a weird headspace as of late and I can't seem to shake out of it. I may blog about some of it next week, but I don't know if I want to do that much introspection right now when I am feeling so down. I feel like thinking about it all too much might make things worse, and, honestly, I don't want to be a big downer here on the blog. I put on a great show over here, like my life is all concerts and trips to Miami and book signings and agent celebrations and fun event after fun event. And it is, to a point. That's not lies...I make it a point to do as many awesome things as I can. The truth is, though, my life is about 35% made of effing awesome, 45% normal mundane whatever that's too boring to mention, and about 20% crushing, can't-deal-with-it shit that makes me cry in the middle of Starbucks like a freak*.
So, yeah...I may blog about some of it next week. (The writing-related stuff, anyway.) Or I may just stick to updates on my amazing trip and share some new music and book recommendations and call it a week. We'll see how that goes.
4. Completely related to the above, I ate an ENTIRE pizza yesterday. Yes, ONE WHOLE PIZZA. It was a medium pizza, and it was the super thin crust, but STILL. So gross. And I wonder why my pants don't fit.
5. This Friday Five has really taken a turn. It started out so fun and positive and then it all just fell apart. Um, quick...let's do something happy-making.
Ah, yes. So much better.
Happy Friday, friends. xoxo
* Yes, this happened. This past weekend in Miami, actually. It was a low point, even for me.