1. So, I've gone and given myself carpal tunnel in my right hand from my frequent computer and smart phone use. Dang, this is embarrassing. I mean, I really am one of those people with her phone in her hand at all times, and, look, I get that it's obnoxious. I know it is. But...I don't know. I like my phone. And my computer, which I am on at any and all spare moments, it seems. Between work stuff (entering grades, answering emails, creating handouts, etc), writing, blogging, and general internetting, I'm on the computer a lot. So...computer at work and at home. Phone in between. Like I said, I know it's obnoxious.
But what's even more obnoxious is this horrible pain in my right hand, wrist, and forearm that has been getting worse and worse lately. Until earlier this week when I could hardly stand it anymore. I consulted Twitter (of course) and then quickly went out and bought myself a wrist brace. The wrist brace has made a world of difference with the pain, but I still have this problem. Ugh.
I just need to learn to scroll with my left thumb, I guess.
2. This week was a rough one at work. It was the end of the semester and grades were due, so all of us teachers were running around to make sure everything was graded and our gradebooks were perfect. This is my very least favorite time of the school year, for many, many reasons, and I always end up frazzled and stressed and wanting to curl up in a ball and cry. Luckily the week is over, and my life can get back to normal. I'm hoping to squeeze a massage in today or this weekend to help me recover.
3. I've been pretty gung-ho about my new gym routine, and by gung-ho I mean that I haven't completely given up on it yet. In fact, I've started a new weightlifting / diet / supplement program that my buff, bodybuilder husband found for me. I'm sort of easing into the diet, but I jumped into the weights hardcore and BOY AM I SORE. It feels good, and I'm so glad to be working out again. Hopefully I see some results, because I've been feeling super flabby lately, and I hate that. Because I'm in such bad shape right now, the husband is currently the more attractive one in our relationship, and that just can't stand. I need to be the hot one. So hopefully I can get myself all buff and skinny and reclaim the more attractive spouse crown.
4. I'll be hanging out at a Super Bowl party this weekend, despite the fact that I don't really like football. I can't say no to parties at my friend's house right on the bay, there will be lots of betting on ridiculous things all through the game, so that always keeps me entertained, and there will also be lots and lots of food. I'm hoping with all of these distractions I can make it through the entire party without actually watching any football.
And there is always the Puppy Bowl to look forward to!
5. I started a tumblr! I haven't quite figured it out yet, and I have no idea what I'm going to do with it, but you can go ahead and follow me if you are so inclined.
Happy weekend, everyone. Enjoy the Puppy Bowl!