1. YAY! It's a four day weekend for me! I have today off, and I'm off on Monday, too! Hooray! No big plans this weekend...just relaxing. Today I'm making a Panera trip to get some major words in on my draft, then, well, that's really all I have on my agenda until I go back to work on Tuesday. Writing, sleeping, snuggling with the pooch. Aaah, yes. That's the life.
2. Speaking of the pooch, remember last week I told you about the little cut my sweet dog Gunner had on his face? It turns out that underneath than matted piece of fur he had a huge, gaping open wound. Thank goodness we brought him into the vet and she found it and took care of it for us. But now poor Gunner has three staples in his adorable little face.
You can click HERE to see a pic of his sad little injury if you want. I don't want to just force a picture of a dog wound on you all. That's no way to start a Friday.
Luckily my boy is a trooper. I am way more upset about his staples than he is. In fact, he's sort of loving it because I'm giving him all kinds of guilt treats.
3. This past weekend my work bff and I chaperoned the Sadie Hawkins dance. The theme was Save Me Sadies and everyone dressed up in some sort of couple costume that related to the theme. Most people were lifeguards or police officers or something of some sort. There were three literary-related or just awesomely nerdy costumes I noticed, and I'm happy to say that all of them were my current or former students. I was so proud. There was a Doctor and Rose Tyler, a Harry and Hermione, and there were TWO Katniss Everdeens, one of whom had a gigantic bow.
One awesome addition to this year's dance was a photo booth. The kids had a great time with it and, uh, so did we.
4. In case you're wondering, I'm still plugging away on my working out and my eating better. I'm down a few pounds already. Go Jess! I'm already feeling so much stronger, which is actually pretty cool. But then I go and try to pick up an 8 lb weight at the gym and I'm smacked back into reality. Oh well...at least I'm making some progress.
5. I'm going to have to start adjusting my blogging schedule. I realized the other night that I dedicate more time each day to blogging, replying to comments, and commenting on other blogs that I spend actually writing. This is way backwards, and it's not how I want to do things. I know WHY I do it. Blogging is so much easier than writing a novel. And I always lean toward the easy thing because I'm lazy. But doing the easy, lazy thing doesn't get a book written, and that's my priority. So, you may see an adjustment around here. I'm not going to stop blogging...that's just crazy talk. But I can't keep doing five days a week. We'll see how it goes.
Have a fantastic weekend, friends. I hope some of you have a long weekend like I do, but even if you don't...enjoy it!