1. Writing. I am five scenes away from finishing the draft of my WIP. I am very excited about this. Hopefully I can finish this up some time this week and move on to revising the crap out of this thing.
Oh, crappy first draft. Y U so bad?
2. Eating. I decided to cut out carbs and sugar from my diet on Labor Day, and I've been doing a great job of filling my diet with all kinds of fresh, yummy veggies and lean meats. The best part is that I don't crave anything, I'm eating small portions and staying full, and I have so much more energy. I've already lost quite a few pounds (including my extra Paris baggage), and I feel fantastic.
I've finally embraced the yummy salad
3. Working Out. My work bff (who I no longer actually work with, but whatevs) and I got a groupon to our local CrossFit gym and we are trying it out for two months. CrossFit is a seriously gnarly workout that makes me cry every single time. I've been sore to the point of discomfort almost every single day since we started, and I'm currently rocking these awesome bruises on my biceps from a kettlebell workout that have me looking like the husband has been shaking me by the shoulders. I've never worked out so hard in my life. The jury is still out on if I'm going to join the gym when my groupon expires...it's very expensive and I really don't know if I can hang for the long haul.
This is SO not me...obvs
4. Teaching. I'm about a month in to my new job teaching middle school and it has been...a challenge. There are a lot of big differences between middle school and high school that I wasn't really anticipating, so there has been a big learning curve over the past few weeks. I'm really hoping that I find my groove soon.
From my Instagram feed after a particularly challenging day
5. Hanging Out. Yesterday I went to the launch party for TEN by Gretchen McNeil, which was so much fun. Gretchen is just a rad person, and it was great to see the huge crowd that came out to support her. I also got to hang out with my favorite local writing friends and catch up over coffee and red velvet TEN cupcakes. I was a total fail at taking pictures, like I have been lately, but trust me...it was a good time.
The only picture I managed to take. There were more people behind me, too!
6. Reading. I've had a lot of Bookanista recommendations lately, and I have lots more on the horizon. I've been reading so many great books lately, and I can't wait to tell you all about them! I'm a little intimidated by my TBR pile, and it keeps getting longer and more awesome, but I guess that's one of those good problems to have.
7. Keeping Busy. Between writing and working out and lesson planning and doing MFA stuff, I haven't had a ton of free time. But you guys know me, that's the way I like it.
What have you been up to lately?